MAONENG has lodged the application for SEARs (Secretary’s Environmental Assessment Requirements) for the Sunraysia Solar Farm (SSF) on Friday, 20th of May 2016.
To learn more about SEARs, click here.
Sunraysia Solar Farm Two Pty Ltd has had discussions with the following local stakeholders:
- Balranald Shire Council. The proposal received positive feedback.
- Adjacent land owners to the north and east were contacted and indicated their support for renewable energy projects.
A Community Engagement Plan will be prepared to inform the community and stakeholders about the proposal and their opportunities to provide input into the assessment and development process. Stakeholders will be identified as those potentially being impacted by the solar farm proposal or having an interest in the project itself. The Community Engagement Plan will set out consultation requirements with interested parties including government agencies (e.g. Balranald Shire Council, RMS, Department of Primary Industries (Land)), Aboriginal groups, community groups and neighbours to the site. The Community Engagement Plan may include:
- Preparation of material for distribution – informing stakeholders about the project and newspaper advertisements to advertise the proposal.
- Establishment of a database, including all private stakeholders and potentially affected landholders.
- Meetings with stakeholders and concerned landholders as required.
- An ‘open day’ to provide detailed information about the proposal to the general public.
- Establishment of an information hotline and project email address ([email protected]).
The Community Engagement Plan would aim to ensure that there is effective, ongoing liaison with the community. Measures to reduce adverse impacts and promote positive impacts would be identified in the EIS and appropriate management plans developed for the project. Agency consultation would also be undertaken in accordance with any requirements of the SEARs.