Key Program Details
$20,000 total funding is available in 2020.
This total funding can be shared amongst multiple applicants.
Deadline for proposals
5pm on Tuesday 31st March 2020
The funding must:
- benefit the community;
- be environmentally and socially acceptable;
- be used within the Balranald Shire Council Local Government Area within 12 months of award.
Proposals must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals received after the submission deadline will not be considered.
Proposals should provide the following information:
- Contact phone and email address.
- Details of the group or organisation requesting sponsorship
- Funding amount requested
- Details of how the funding would be used and how this meets the selection criteria.
A selection committee will be comprised of 3 members, including a representative from the Sunraysia project, plus two representatives from the local Balranald community.
The selection committee will assess all proposals and select those that best address the selection criteria. Proposals of most merit will be recommended to the Sunraysia Solar Fam Board.
The Sunraysia Solar Farm Board will decide which of the recommended proposals receive funding.
Successful applicants will be advised by mid-April 2020, with grant funding available from May 2020 to successful applicants.
Requirements for successful applicants
We request successful applicants to:
- Implement the intended purpose within 12 months of award.
- Provide photos or other evidence of how the funds have been used.
2019 community sponsorship funding was provided for:
- 5 Rivers Outback Festival 2019
- Balranald Football Netball Club
- Balranald Community Growth Strategy Forum
- Inaugural Balranald Industry Mixer